Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chapter 13: Sunrise

The darkness is slowly fading to reveal the greens and blues of the morning here in Idaho. I arrived yesterday to a cold but very warm house to enjoy three days at home before I fly back to Nj for more tracking and song writing.

I just looked down at the valley and all around me, half looking half thinking about what I want to write about. A whole lot of bits and pieces came flying through my mind but nothing seemed to stick so I just have to start.


The BS played a show in Chicago on Friday which was a great time. A BS show is really a second home in so many ways..we are all there for each other, or I like to think we are. I took a picture of some poetry I found written on the wall in the backstage bathroom at the show . Some of its hard to read so I'll just have to do my own creative editing:

"Self conscience is shaking the soul…deriding flagrant anxieties where there is a burden beyond sentrals of a black holes power against the light rituals of the sinicle... …dribble politic fiscals, damage by breeding passions for pistols in the adolescent mental state… effecting character traits.. used like bait to lure a future of subliminal warriors structuring a ?"

It's a little anti-climactic but I can't figure out the last word. I kind of like it without the last word too. It becomes a kind of fill in the blank. I'm not sure why I like this enough to post it but I do like it. Its describing something I haven't been able to describe in an enjoyable way. Its reaching out on some level that is not so easy to communicate on so when someone strikes you there, you feel a sense of truth coming to our everyday level of communication. It feels good.

Underneath the writing there is a name. It says "poet name" and its signed "Life," I think thats what it says. I really enjoy it and thanks to the poet for adding something insightful and interesting to a wall full of cocks and balls drawings. Actually the wall in the House of Blues backstage didn't have to many cock and ball drawings. Some back stage rooms have outrageous amounts..

The sun is up now. I have three days to enjoy on the mountain. Here I go.

No comments: