Sunday, February 22, 2009

Columbia






We arrived in Bogota and were so surprised. The city and people are so warm and beautiful. Growing up in the 70’s and 80’s has created a terrible vision of Columbia deep in my psyche. Its incredible how successfully the media creates our perspectives revolving around fearful attitudes. The more I travel I see it’s the best way to undo a lot of BS that we have learned.

The show was unreal. Small, inspired,and a great time. The mountain city of Bogota is full if life,culture and love. We were lucky to see it.

O yea, I almost forgot. Our shuttle van broke down on the way to the airport at 5am. We just made the flight.

3 comments:

Liz Baillie said...

Oh yay, these entries are great! I love seeing the photos. I'm glad I randomly decided to check up on this page (I kind of gave up after it hadn't been updated in a while).

See ya in Louisville & Pittsburgh in just a couple of weeks! I am enduring over 40 total hours on Greyhound to get there so at the very least, it'll be an interesting experience! I just couldn't live with myself knowing Jason Saint finally got the Souls to play in his town and I wasn't there to see it! That kid is like my Souls-brother-in-spirit.

Unknown said...

Hey Greg thanks to come here, Colombia loves you too. The concert was amazing and all of you were so kind and... you rock!

Mauricio said...

Hey Greg, greetings from Bogotá, nice to notice that now that you know Colombia, you know that "media" needs to sell, death sells... so it's a good idea to make a bloodykillers country like Colombia...

The show was amazing, i had the chance to saw you on warpedd99' in NY and i loved it, this time was more intimate and me being a bigger Souls fan! So i enjoyed a lot more!

I hope you plan your next holiday in Colombia! there's a lot more to see... go to www.colombia.travel

See ya!